Steve's Oracle of Life
Female human (Varisian) oracle (favored class) 14
Medium humanoid (human)
HD 14d8+30; hp 119
Init + 2 (Dex); Spd 40 ft.
AC 28 ( + 2 Dex, + 9 armor, + 4 shield, + 2 ring, + 1 amulet), touch 14, flat-footed 25
Base Atk + 10 / + 5; CMB + 11; CMD 25
Atk + 12 / + 7 melee ( + 1 morningstar 1d8 + 2) or + 12 ranged (light crossbow 1d8 or shortspear 1d8 + 1)
SA Spells (8/8/8/7/7/6/4), orisons, Haunted curse, Life mystery, Revelations (Channel 9d6 8/day (DC 24); Energy Body 1d6+14, 14 rds/day; Life Link 14 bonds, 240’; Combat Healer 5/day, Lifesense 30’)
SV Fort + 15, Ref + 15, Will + 20
Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 25.
Skills (ranks): Bluff + 18 (4), Diplomacy + 27 (14), Handle Animal + 14 (1), Heal + 25* (14), Intimidate + 11 (1), Knowledge (history) + 4 (1), Knowledge (local) + 1 (1), Knowledge (nature) + 4 (1), Knowledge (planes) + 4 (1), Knowledge (religion) + 15 (12), Linguistics + 1 (1), Perception + 10 (4), Sense Motive + 18 (14), Spellcraft + 4 (1)
Traits and Feats: Indomitable Faith, Fast-Talker, Selective Channeling (1st), Extra Revelation (human), Reach Spell (5th), Quick Channel (7th), Toppling Spell (CMB + 19) (9th), Alignment Channel (evil) , Divine Protection (11th), Spell Penetration (11th – retrained), Reactive Healing (13th)
Languages: Common, Elven
Hero Points: 1
• 0th (DC 17) – create water, detect magic, detect poison, ghost sound, guidance, light, mage hand, mending, purify food and drink, read magic, spark, stabilize
• 1st (DC 18) – bless, cure light wounds (1d8 + 14), detect undead, hide from undead, liberating command (+ 20), obscuring mist, protection from evil, remove fear, shield of faith (+ 4)
• 2nd (DC 19) – bear’s endurance, blessing of courage and life (1d8 + 14), cure moderate wounds (2d8 + 13), lesser restoration, levitate, minor image, pilfering hand (CMB + 21), shield other, silence, spiritual weapon (winged scimitar, + 17 / + 12 attack, 1d8 + 4 (18-20/x2) damage), status
• 3rd (DC 20) – bestow curse, cure serious wounds (3d8 + 14), dispel magic, neutralize poison, prayer, resist energy, communal (30), searing light (5d8; 10d6 vs. undead), speak with dead
• 4th (DC 21) – air walk, blessing of fervor, cure critical wounds (4d8 + 14), death ward, debilitating portent (DC 24), freedom of movement, restoration, sending, spiritual ally (scimitar, + 17 / + 12 attack, 1d10 + 4 (18-20/x2) damage), tongues
• 5th (DC 22) – breath of life (5d8 + 14), flame strike (14d6), forbid action, greater, mass cure light wounds (1d8+13), telekinesis, wall of stone
• 6th (DC 23) – greater dispel magic, heal (140 hp), heroes’ feast (1d8 + 7), mass cure moderate wounds (2d8+14), wind walk
• 7th (DC 24) – greater restoration, mass cure serious wounds (3d8 + 14), waves of ecstasy
Equipment: Heartplate (+3 agile mithral breastplate armor, +3 darkwood buckler, +2 buckler (extra), _metamagic rod of extend spell, ring of protection +2, amulet of natural armor +1, cloak of resistance +2, tome of leadership and influence +2, tome of understanding +1, The Diadem Of The Swans (headband of alluring charisma +4), bracelets of positive channeling, belt of physical might (Dex/Con) +2, eyes of the eagle, ring of feather falling, quick runner’s shirt, healer’s gloves, circlet of persuasion, boots of striding and springing, +1 cold iron morningstar, alchemical silver dagger, morningstar, shortspear, light crossbow (10 bolts, 10 alchemical silver bolts, 10 cold iron bolts), dagger, 1 harpy musk, antitoxin, 2 holy water, ioun torch, campfire bead, handy haversack, chime of opening (5 ch.), MW manacles, healer’s kit (10 uses), bedroll, 2 everburning torches, 6 torches, 9 sunrods, 10 candles, waterskin, 2 belt pouches, 10 pieces of chalk, scroll case (lots of scrolls), potions (lots), wand of cure light wounds x2 (44/50 charges), wand of bear’s endurance (13 charges), 3650 gp worth of diamond dust, pair of platinum rings, 50’ silk rope, flint and steel, 4 sacks, explorer’s outfit.
Mount: Marigold, light horse (w/ bit & bridle, riding saddle, saddlebags).
last updated 2/19/17
Gloriana Gildentress (“Glori” or “Glo” to her friends) is eternally optimistic and has always been described by those who meet her as having an irresistible “warmth” or “glow” about her; some even suspect she has angelic ancestry. She has a “golden tongue” and has always been able to talk almost anyone into almost anything, though she prefers honesty and encouragement over pretense and guile. Glori regards herself primarily as a healer of both body and spirit. She is accepting of all non-evil religions and devotes herself broadly to “divine positivity” rather than a single deity, though she feels most aligned to Sarenrae and wears the healing goddess’ symbol on a chain (more to comfort her patients than than herself; she has been known to display the symbols of other deities when it would ease reluctance to accept her aid). Glori has a strong belief that most people are inherently good but many have been tempted toward darkness by circumstance; she offers her light to those who need help finding the path back to righteousness.
Glori does not fear the malevolent spirits that surround and pester her, but rather sees them as lost souls drawn to her light “like moths to a flame” and in need of guidance. If she has positive energy channelings or other divine blessings left at the end of the day, she often offers them to those spirits. She sees undead similarly: as corrupted, pitiable souls in need of release.
Glori’s Energy Body form
Glori is stunningly attractive with a broad smile. She has wavy blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes, and warm rosy skin – all very unusual for a Varisian. Her robust figure is adorned with several traditional intricate Varisian tattoos (non-magical) in red that mark her as a healer and practicer of divine magic. As a healer, she understands the necessity of wearing armor and carrying weapons (and she has received basic training in them, mostly from smitten young soldiers), but tries to de-emphasize them by also wearing colorful Varisian scarves. She carries many such scarves and also uses them to distract others from her haunting spirits and for dressing wounds; one can often track Glori across the countryside or through a town by following the rainbow of bandages on those to whom she has given aid.
Glori is practiced at accepting compliments, declining undesirable offers, and deflecting unwelcome topics graciously and without offense/offending. She defaults to conveying a “sister” vibe, which generally helps to defuse both advances from men and jealousy from women.
Glori has several personal rituals. First, every day, the first time she sees any friend, she will very deliberately touch him or her (typically a hand on the arm or shoulder, though she’ll hug if it feels right), ask “are you well in health and spirit,” and offer a brief nondenominational blessing (and cast guidance – which probably won’t have any game effect due to the short duration, but it does tend to make folks feel more optimistic, which is Glori’s goal). Second, before Glori or anyone in her company eats or drinks, she asks anyone who wants to to join in a brief blessing – essentially, saying grace. When she does this, she casts purify food & drink. Lastly, anytime she or any of her companions are about to do anything remotely physical (hit the trail, climb a wall, enter dangerous territory, etc.), Glori will encourage everyone to limber up, and will happily lead any willing participants through a basic routine (a combination of Varisian dance stretches and divine meditation).
Glori was born in Galduria, but her mother Liliana (who assumed the Gildentress surname after Glori was born; her original family name was Von Shtupp) favored the traditional Varisian nomadic life and they wandered throughout the temperate regions south of the Storval Rise. After spending some time in Magnimar, Glori decided to travel on her own up the coast to Sandpoint to attend the Swallowtail Festival so she could share in the communal light that surrounds the opening of a new church. It was in Sandpoint that she first met her current adventuring companions Abby, Kara, Rahab, and Lem.
Glo’s soundtrack (in artist order), which represents her characteristics, skills, and abilities and her attitude toward her companions and life in general:
- Alessia Cara, Scars to Your Beautiful
- Alicia Keys, Girl On Fire
- Bon Jovi, Lay Your Hands on Me
- The Cult, Fire Woman
- Ella Henderson, Ghost
- Genesis, Invisible Touch
- Green Day, Viva La Gloria!
- INXS, Suicide Blonde
- Katrina & The Waves, Walking On Sunshine
- Kim Carnes, Betty Davis Eyes
- Kiss, Calling Dr. Love
- Laura Branigan, Gloria
- Motley Crue, Kickstart My Heart (or Ode to the Blessing of Fervor Spell)
- Neil Diamond, Heartlight
- Peter Gabriel, Don’t Give Up
- Peter Gabriel, I Have the Touch
- Prince, The Most Beautiful Girl in the World
- Rachel Platten, Stand By You
- Sia, Alive
- Taylor Swift, Haunted
- The Tubes, She’s a Beauty
- Van Halen, Somebody Get Me a Doctor
- Whitney Woerz, 6 Second Love (or Ode to the Diplomacy Skill)
- The 1975, The Sound (or Ode to the Status Spell)